Saturday, September 5, 2015

Cover Letter Example

Example
Sample IT Cover Letter Examples / Templates - Software Engineer Cover Letter
XYZ
(Senders Address)
05 September 2015
HR Manager
ABC Ltd
(Company's Address)
Dear Sir/Madam
This is regarding the job advertisement i came across in the  National newspaper for the position of a Senior level IT Software Engineer. I am interested in this opportunity.  I hold a Masters degree in applied mathematics from the university of ________.  I  have a 4 year work experience as a Software Developer with PQR Ltd.
Following is a brief overview of my qualifications and skill set which i  am sure will match to the ones desired for this position. I  am comfortable with:
  • Java
  • Presentation technologies (Eclipse SWT, DHTML/HTML, JSP, XSL).
  • Database design and development and data modeling (SQL, XML).
  • Process development tools: IDE's , compilers, debuggers, profilers, version control systems, code coverage and automated testing tools.
  • Multiple operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 2003, Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP-UX).
Also i am well versed with application servers (Web Logic 8.1, IBM Web Sphere 5.x) and several relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2). I  hold extensive prior participation in agile software development processes, with emphasis on requirements gathering.
My experience in the industry has imbibed in me strong leadership skills and critical decision making ability. I aspire to get through this job opportunity to grow and improve as a software engineer.
Keen to hear from you.

Yours Sincerely
XYZ

No comments: